For the last 3 years that I have been engaged in my Consultancy practice, I have often thought of doing this post. After all, it is a reasonably easy way to reach out to a large audience and explain to them as to what my workshops are, how are they different from standard ones and where all I have done them with what kind of success. This time, I am approaching my consultancy practise with more intent, so here I am now.
Even though in this online age people can easily find out about me, let me still start by giving a brief outline of myself.
- BE in Computer Science & Engg from Jadavpur university, Kolkata in 1986.
- PGDM from IIM Calcutta in 1988, with major in Marketing and Systems.
- Overall experience of 29 years plus, 27 years in regular corporate roles and nearly 3 years now in my Consultancy practice.
- I have worked almost entirely in the software services and BPO space.
- Have worked as a CXO for 15 years plus, nearly half of this in 2 publicly listed companies.
I think that is enough of a summary – suffice it to say that I am completely familiar with all aspects of Software services industry and have led companies doing different kinds of businesses both in the product and services space. A question I am asked often is why did I not continue for another 8 years or so in the corporate role itself. My answer is simple – fortunately once my children went to college, I realised that my need for money was no more a driving factor, I wanted to share my expertise on a wider scale and finally, I had several other things to do for which I would not have time being a professional CEO.
Over the last few years I have done several interesting engagements – formulating an IT strategy for a large Kuwati conglomerate, acting as a CSO for a startup services company in the mobile apps area, creating a 5 year plan for a software products company, acting as the marketing leader for another software services company etc. In many of these opportunities, as well as in my regular corporate roles earlier, my consulting methodology has been to run specific workshops to start off the engagement. Change in organisations is a complex process and these workshops are a great starting point.
So what are these workshops that I run? While, I can share greater details only when some company expresses an interest, some generic features are as follows:-
- Each workshop is specifically tailored for a company, based on their situation and the issues they are facing.
- The efforts needed from my end are as follows:-
- 1 day with top management to understand the situational context, expectations from the workshop and logistical details.
- 2 days of preparations for planning and content creation.
- 2 days of conducting the actual workshop, with targeted objectives/feedback.
- 1 day of closing discussions with top management on the way forward.
- Some of the workshops which I have conducted most frequently are:-
- Formulating a strategic plan.
- Formation of a 3 year or 5 year Business plan.
- Creation of an annual plan.
- Leadership development
- Team building
- Effective Sales management
- Excellence in Customer service
- Goal setting and performance management
I am currently looking at expanding the horizons of my Consultancy practice and want to take on more workshops in 2018 as compared to before. While I will reach out to companies directly, one of the thoughts I had was to write this post and reach out to the considerable network I have today.
You can help me by doing the following:-
- If you are a person who decides on such workshops for your company or department, write to me directly and we will get talking.
- If you can refer me to anyone either within or outside your company who might have a need for any of my workshops it will be great.
I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org through mail and also on LinkedIn and Facebook. Look forward to a lot of mutually beneficial interaction with people in my network.