Now that the markets seem to have stabilised a little over the last 2 weeks, there is a return of investor interest in terms of making new Diwali investments. The Muharat trading is traditionally supposed to be a good omen for the rest of the year and with so many stocks being battered down in 2018, there are quite a few opportunities in terms of investing in some that will potentially give good returns in next few months.
I have been going over a lot of expert picks and have also gone over a lot of data recently, to come up with a few stock names that make a lot of sense to invest in. These look good from both a technical and a fundamental standpoint and most can give a return of 6 – 10 % in the coming months. With our markets being hostage to liquidity as well as political news in election season, the risks cannot be disregarded altogether, but life has to go on and these picks are more likely to do well than many others.
So without further ado, here are my suggestions of stocks along with their target prices :-
- Hindalco with a target price of 258
- HDFC with a target price of 1910
- Sterlite Tech with a target price of 390
- Raymond with a target price of 790
- CEAT Tyres with a target price of 1260
- Vedanta with a target price of 235
- IB Real Estate with a target price of 99
- HDFC Standard Life with a target price of 430
- Hero Motocorp with a target price of 3200
- Intense Technologies with a target price of 75
You will need to do a bit of reading and fact finding on these stocks, mainly in terms of their Q2 results before you take the plunge. As always, buy on dips and in small lots when you are building up the portfolio. Look at this portfolio as a means of making some money between this Diwali and the next ( or well before that ). For long term portfolio building, the considerations are very different and you can read my posts on the secondary portfolio I am currently building.
Wishing all my readers and their families a very happy and prosperous Diwali.