Over the last couple of weeks, I have written a lot of posts on Mutual fund investments and I think it will be useful for the readers to get all of this combined in one post. As before I have provided hyperlinks to most of my posts on MF here. The knowledge contained in these posts is all that you will need to become a successful MF investor.
- Evolution of SIP in India is important to understand why is has gained so much popularity among investors.
- There is a lot of misconception about SIP and many people see it as an answer to all their investment goals. Read this post to understand why SIP is not a panacea.
- We need to look at actual data to gain insights on how SIP investments have performed in different market situations. My experiences with SIP investments will equip you with this data and hopefully the insights will follow.
- Traditional way of doing SIP has several deficiencies. However a modified way of doing SIP investments can prove to be more worthwhile and is fairly easy to learn and implement.
Constructing an MF portfolio:
- The concept of diversification is important to imbibe prior to constructing your MF portfolio.
- More than the individual funds, the structure of your MF portfolio is going to determine the long term success of it. Read on how to select the categories of funds in this post.
- Read this post for a simple method on how to select specific funds for your portfolio.
- Read this post to get a handle on how to allocate your investments among the funds in your portfolio.
- Read this post to help you decide whether your mode of investment should be SIP or mixed.
- NFO s from Fund houses have got a fairly poor name today. Read this post to get a balanced view on whether NFO investments make sense ever.
- My own journey with MF investments is outlined in this post.
- My current MF portfolio through SIP is discussed with reasons in this post.
- Many people will advise you to use Balanced funds in a long term MF portfolio. I do not think it is a good idea. Avoid Balanced funds in your portfolio construction, the post explains why.
- The last post in this area describes a process of portfolio realignment and you should use this to do your own.
I think I have covered most aspects of MF investing and construction of a MF portfolio in these posts. Will be happy to get feedback from readers on how useful they feel it was for them and also suggestions on whether I need to write on other areas about MF.
Interested readers may pls follow my blog on email by clicking on the relevant button on the right hand panel. I will shortly be stopping the practice of posting the links in different Facebook groups. Following the blog will ensure you get intimated whenever there is a new post.